If you can spare some time, and if clouds, rain or fog do not inhibit visibility, you can admire the scenery of the open fells on both days and on all courses. The checkpoint intervals on the first day are relatively equal in length, but we have tried to find alternatives for route selection even for short intervals. Lue lisää →
- Competition director: Janne Hannola, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 045 2233 641
- Track master: Juhani Ylönen, email@example.com, tel. 0400 672 152
- Supervisor: Raimo Tolonen, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 040 5716 218
- Results service: Risto Kivinen, email@example.com, tel. 044 0583 583
- Information / Competition office: Jan Denks 040 5444 298
- Child Care ”Muksula”: Mirja Törmänen phone 045 1385 354
- Safety manager: Mikael Holma 050 5940 238
- Announcements: Nina Siltala
- First Aid during the competition: SPR Inari, Tiina Arhipoff
Council of Judges
The judges’ council members are Juha Tolonen, Vihtavuoren Pamaus (chairman); Tero Taulavuori, Lapin Suunnistus Chairman; Annika Vaara, Lapin Veikot
Finnish Orienteering Association rules and instructions given by the organisers apply to this competition. Lue lisää →
The courses for the Finnish Fell Orienteering event have now been finalised. Specifications including distance and elevation can be found in the attached document. Small changes are still possible at a later stage.
Inari is not only Finland’s largest municipality by area, but also one of the most sparsely populated. The main attractions are Inari’s vast areas of arctic nature including several National Parks and epic Lake Inari, an unspoiled body of water with approximately 3000 islands, covering an area of more than 1000 square kilometers. Lue lisää →
The target times for the extra long distances are 2.5 hours (H21) and 2 hours (D21) respectively. All other distances are set in relation to the extra long distances. The exact course lengths will be specified once course setting progresses. The best contestants in their series will be awarded a prize based on the combined result. Lue lisää →
- By plane from Helsinki to Ivalo
- By bus from Rovaniemi
- By taxi from Ivalo with Ivalon Taksit or Ivalo Taksi Service
Finnish Fell Orienteering’s partner Lapland Hotels Riekonlinna offers special deals on accommodation for participants of the event between August 5th till August 7th 2022. In conjunction with your stay you can book additional days for the same price. Lue lisää →
Lapin Sudet will organize Tunturisuunnistus 2022, 6.-7.8.
The place is in Saariselkä resort.
Pages are under construction.