Finnish Mountain Orienteering at Ylläs 7.–8.8.2021
Peurakaltio, 67 ° 42’36.2 ”N 24 ° 09’37.0” E, Aakenuksentie 388, Äkäslompolo, Ylläs, about 15 km north of Äkäslompolo. Guiding from Äkäslompolo, junction between Tiurajärventie and Tunturintie.
1: 25000 / 5m, A3 mountain orientation map
Mostly good run ability, open and terrain with sparse forest, as well as areas with large pine trees, a few streams and short marsh crossings. Biggest altitude difference approx. 250 meters. The entire area is within the Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park.
Arrival by train and air:
Train from Helsinki to Kolari station, from where there is bus transportation to Äkäslompolo. VR (www.vr.fi) will publish the train timetables during spring. From Helsinki there is also flight connection to Kittilä, and from there taxi to Äkäslompolo, which you need to pre-order.
Transport from Äkäslompolo:
Organizer arranges bus from Äkäslompolo to Peurakaltio for a fee. More information about transportation later. You can order the bus transportation via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizer recommends bus transport.
About 1km from the competition centre (cc) there is limited parking space for a parking fee, intended for participants with co-driving in full cars. No parking for caravans near cc.
Saturday 7.8.2021 mass start for all categories at 14:00. On Sunday 8.8.2021 chasing starts from 10:00, mass starts at 10:40, mass starts for open categories at 10:50. The starts approx. 2-3 km from the competition centre. We recommend that you reserve one hour both days to get to the start.
Participation possible in all categories without Finnish competition license.
For categories 32/38, the maximum total age is 32/38 years, and for categories 80/95/110/125/140, the lowest total age is 80/95/110/125/140 years.
HDA, HDB, HDC, 1 min / year bonus for the portion of the total age exceeding 80 years. Enter year of birth at registration.
• 68 € / pair for the pair categories
• 60 € / pair for junior categories
• 34 € / person in individual categories
• In open categories 60 € / pair and 30 € / person.
• The fee for one day is half of the previous ones
• Late entry, 1.5 times the basic fee
Competitors with Finnish licence primarily through IRMA before 27 July 2021 at 24. Through IRMA only the entry for both days, through registration for the first day 7.8.2021.
• Registration for one day only by e-mail to email@example.com by July 27, 2021 at 24, simultaneously payment to Ylläksen Rasti, account FI97 5643 5720 0047 88.
• Participants without license by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, simultaneously payment to Ylläksen Rasti, account FI97 5643 5720 0047 88.
• Entry to Open categories by e-mail to email@example.com, simultaneously payment to Ylläksen Rasti, account FI97 5643 5720 0047 88.
• Late entry: By Monday, August 2, 2021 at 24 through IRMA. Fee 1.5 times basic fee.
• Possible Emit number changes as well as late entry for one day or without license no later than Monday, July 27, 2020 at 24 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Entry to Open categories also at the competition centre 30 €/person/day.
• Questions regarding entry: Risto Kivinen, email@example.com, tel. 0440 583 583.
Emit punching. Enter the competitor’s Emit number at registration. For those who do not give the number, a rental card will be reserved, which can be obtained for 5 €/day at Info (cash payment). In the pair categories, both runners must have an Emit card and punch at each control.
In the categories H/D21A, HDA and in the individual categories H/DA.
Prizes based on total results for the three best in each category.
You can find the offering of the partner companies to the Mountain orienteering at: tunturisuunnistus.fi/2021/
• Head of competition: Leena Vanhatalo, 040 657 6955, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Communications: Jonna Nikumaa, email@example.com
• Course setter: Ulf Meriheinä, tel. 040 7733995, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Event adviser: Velu Sipola, S-2000